Thursday, December 19, 2013

Thrifty Thursdays: A Last Minute DIY Holiday Gift Idea


Lately I've been obsessed with mason jars. I drink from them...
The mason jar cover, the "Chug-a-lug"
can be purchased here for $24.

I store my homemade almond butter in them...
Mix ingredients in food processor,
 slowly adding in olive oil until smooth & creamy.
And I even hand out my "Make it Monday" Red Velvet Cupcakes in them...
Click here for Make it Monday's
Red Velvet Cupcakes
w/Cream Cheese Frosting recipe
Photo Courtesy of: Photoblog
So needless to say when I was brainstorming what kind of holiday gifts to make this year, I knew I wanted to somehow incorporate the good ol' mason jar.

And not to mention... when I went to Target last weekend, there was a wide variety of all different shapes, sizes, and colors of mason jars to choose from-all on sale! So I grabbed a shopping cart (of course the one with the squeaky wheel) and went wild.



Below is a delicious homemade granola recipe, perfect for giving out as gifts in mason jars this holiday season. The granola will make your whole house smell absolutely delicious, and believe it or not, it tastes even better than it smells- I've been putting it on top of my yogurt all week. So without further ado...


Everyone loves granola, especially homemade. So this is a great gift for everyone from your hair dresser to child's teacher. Hand it out  this holiday season or as a "just because" gift anytime.

I even keep a mason jar of the granola with a blank gift tie in my purse, just in case I run into anyone that day.  Below is a mason jar assembly tutorial, along with a thrifty tip on how to make a scooper from a jug.


Scooper Tutorial: Cut the top part of the handle. Then cut along side edges of your plastic jug. 

I hope you all enjoyed today's Thrifty Thursday last minute gift idea. Don't forget to pin the granola recipe in order to keep it for whenever you need a last minute gift.

Create a great Thursday everyone! Below is your daily dose of inspiration inspired by friendship. After all, aren't you excited to gift your friends with this granola? I know I can't wait to give mine out this weekend. 
Joshua, age 2
Photo Courtesy of: Liz McDonald

*To follow the Creatively Lu posts daily,  "like" the FB page .
* Follow @Creatively Lu on InstagramPinterest, and Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment