Sunday, November 24, 2013

Weekend Adventures: Recap



These past few weekends I've tried a few things for the first time, like Paint Nite where I discovered that painting may not be my strong suit...



And in case I wasn't completely sure of my skill set, I received some supportive texts from my friends...

I like to think of myself as a creative, "crafty" person, but painting definitely isn't in my comfort zone. I think its important to try things you aren't very good at, if for nothing else but to provide a good laugh.  And speaking of laughs....



I really had my heart set on going to Improv Asylum last Saturday night. It is an improv club located in the North End of Boston that I have been to about a dozen times. When I called to order tickets, the show was sold out. Luckily, however, the ticket person suggested that I try their "sister club," Laugh Boston in the Seaport District. While I had no idea what it would be like, we decided to go to the show anyways.

Greg Proops from "Whose Line is it Anyway" was the headliner. I grew up watching the show and even took an Improv class while in college, so needless to say he was a big deal in my book. Let me tell you, he definitely delivered. My abs literally hurt the today from laughing so hard last night. 

On our way out of the show we ran into Greg and he was such a nice guy!  This was definitely the highlight of my week, except for maybe our encounter with Valet parking guy we met right after... 

How could he not be the man when he throws the bunny ears up in a picture? That's my kinda dude right there. I hope this weekend you were surrounded by good people, great times, and a few laughs.
See you all tomorrow!


       







No comments:

Post a Comment